Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finally Reliable

As I stated earlier in the Blog it was time to test. After a short trip to the DEPOT I brought back boxes and receptacles to set up a test box.

The 120 plug is split so 1/2 of the 240 feed goes to each plug. and the 240v plug is functional.
 Running with no load the Kill A Watt meter shows 62.4 HZ
 And 122.4 Volts
 After scrounging around for some load to put on the generator I used the two 500w flood lamps and a 950W paint stripping heat gun.
 Still showing a 240v feed from the 220 plug.
 With all loads on the system.
 The HZ dropped to 61.8 with the load so all is still good on generator speed.
 And one of the 110 legs still showing 121.9 with the load on.
I believe at this point in time I can finally say the unit will be reliable enough to install in the coach. Or at least enough that I can take it over to the coach and put it in the basement for 110v power tools as I work on the beast at the storage lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment