Sunday, March 27, 2011

Flat tire problems

In the quest to resolve the below situation.
 I purchased a 60/1 gear reduction crank capable of "Tons of torque".  Looking at the Lugs they are marked L8 I could only get them to pop and move slowly until I started cranking clockwise now I have most broken loose. They are Left handed Thread. I have managed to crack the powder coat off the brace leg of the tool.

Yesterday I removed the tire and attempted to seat the bead on it to no avail. Today I took the tire to a tire shop and they couldn't deal with the tire either. A customer of mine that maintains large tractor trailers told me to bring it by and they set the bead and inflated the tire in less than 3 minutes. The down side is there is a hole in the sidewall of the tire and it's JUNK  First estimate for a replacement it  $460.00.  This beast has 8 tires!!!
 With the assistance of my Diesel generator I used my air compressor to break loose most of the seats from the tracks with my butterfly impact wrench.  The generator will be moved into the AC condenser bay in the final build.  Today it heated the coach with a ceramic heater and powered not only the air compressor but my charger for my battery drill. for ~2hrs of run time it only used ~1gal of diesel.  It will probably use more under full load. I was amazed at how quiet it was just sitting in the basement not in a quiet box.

No comments:

Post a Comment